Pinnacle’s 2013 summer college admission class allows rising seniors to get a jump start on applying to college before senior year gets under way. Participants will be ahead of their peers with the following objectives met by the start of their final year of high school:
- Understand the college application process: come away with a list of solid, personalized matches chosen with Dr. Lisa Ransdell’s careful guidance
- Master the application essay writing process, develop a good concept, and complete a first draft that will be carefully edited by Dr. Ransdell
- Complete career/college major assessments: receive a detailed summary report
- Review a helpful timeline for completing all college application tasks tasks ahead of time senior year
- Develop and organize an extracurricular resume that will be a companion piece to college applications
- Research ways to reduce the cost of college, including how to apply for financial aid and apply for scholarships.
- Plus: a financial aid workshop FOR PARENTS, and a copy of my recently published college planning book GET IN!, which will be our text for the class.
College planning class cost: $599
- June 16 Intro to Matching
- June 23 Career Assessments
- June 30 Intro to Essay Writing
- July 7 Application Timeline/Extracurricular Resume
- July 14 Intro to Financial Aid & Scholarship searching
- July 21 College success strategies/reports and essays returned
- July 28 (date of Parent Workshop)
Optional Prep Series for September 21 ACT w/essay ($250)
This test prep series is geared to the date of the first ACT of the year, which is in plenty of time for all application deadlines. Suitable for those testing for the first time and those trying for higher scores. Review dates: Aug 11/Aug 18/Aug 25/Sept 1/Sept 8/Sept 15. Depending on what is being covered/tested, each session will last from 1.5 to 2 hours. All class and test prep sessions are held at the Pinnacle office located near the University of Denver.